Favourite Songs of 2022
After last year’s hiatus I’m back with ninety minutes of Twenty Twenty-Two. Some movie-length Matt-music.
Yeah, there are a lot of similar sounds here. I’m consistent.
- The Beths - Silence is Golden
- Death Cab for Cutie - Here to Forever
- Wet Leg - Angelica
- Future Islands - King of Sweden
- Wet Leg - Ur Mum
- Teen Jesus and the Jean Teasers - Girl Sports
- Death Cab for Cutie - Roman Candles
- The Beths - Expert In A Dying Field
- Julia Jacklin - I Was Neon
- Teenage Dads - Hey, Diego!
- Men I Trust - Billie Toppie
- Annie Hamilton - Exist
- Death Cab for Cutie - I Don’t Know How I Survive
- Paramore - This Is Why
- Black Country, New Road - Chaos Space Marine
- Yeah Yeah Yeahs, Perfume Genius - Spitting Off the Edge of the World
- Mia Wray - Stay Awake
- Fontaines D.C. - Jackie Down The Line
- Sharon Van Etten - Porta
- Rhett Miller - Heart Attack Days
- Seratones - Pleasure
- Frank Turner - A Wave Across A Bay
- Montaigne, David Byrne - gravity
- Sky Ferreira - Don’t Forget
- The Smile - The Smoke
What happened to 2021?
All year I received telegrams and faxes from my many fans, asking what happened to last year’s favs list. Gentle reader, I just couldn’t find ten songs that I liked enough. Here they are though, please stop sending me letters.
- Wet Leg - Chaise Longue
- Courtney Barnett - Before You Gotta Go
- Mitski - Working for the Knife
- The War On Drugs, Lucius - I Don’t Live Here Anymore
- Sharon Van Etten, Angel Olsen - Like I Used To
- Faye Webster - Cheers
- Olivia Rodrigo - brutal
- Aimee Mann - At the Frick Museum
- Wet Leg - Too Late Now